Monday, November 8, 2010

Ramblings....

Well I look at the last time I blogged and it has been way to long ... again! I really need to do better about blogging. I really love to look back and read about the memories (even though they have been few) of things my kids have said or done. It's amazing how fast we forget the little things.

Over the past couple of months we have been busy getting into the routine of school and we wrapped up Jacob's first season of Mighty Mites Football. He LOVED it! I believe this is the first time Jacob has been on a team without at least one buddy. He did great! Now we are enjoying a nice break from sports at least for the remainder of this month, then we will start basketball, at least all of this sport takes place in Ozark.

Abby played soccer this fall. She said she was already "over it" before the games even started! This child just cracks me up! She did great. She even scored a couple of goals this season!

We had parent teacher conferences and both of the kids are doing great. I believe with everything in me that my kids are with the teachers they are suppose to be with. God is faithful! Abby is learning to write short stories (a beginning, middle and end). Mrs. Maness showed me a book she had made about pumpkins, it brought tears to my eyes! I could actually read what she was writing, it was truly unbelievable! She is learning so much! This is Jacob's first year to receive letter grades. He really liked to see all the A's on his report card!

I was able to go on a trail riding trip with my parents and my sister. I had such an amazing time! It seemed to go by so fast! The trails were beautiful and long! After the first day I was so sore, thank God for Aleve! On the first ride we went on, I literally got the devil scared right out of me, literally. The horse I was riding decided to give me a scare and jump with with me like 4 or 5 times. I don't even know for sure what happened, I'm sure Tammy could tell you, she saw the whole thing and she couldn't stop laughing!! Yes, laughing at me! It was a great trip. I enjoyed the time with my parents and my sister. So many great memories were made that I will cherish! Thanks Matt for making it possible for me to go!

That just about brings me back up to date. Oh, except for while I was on my trip, Matt took the kids to Salem to see his parents and take Jacob hunting for his first time. Jacob got an 8 point buck! He was so excited. The post precious things to me was when he wanted to thank God for giving him the opportunity to get his dear. He is such a tender boy!

Now Matt is gone on his hunting trip, and it's just me and the kids! That brings us to present time and hopefully I will do better about blogging more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment